ABOUT ARS NOVA
Ars Nova is committed to developing and producing theater, comedy and music artists in the early stages of their professional careers. Our unique development programs are designed to support outside-the-box thinking and encourage innovative, genre-bending work. By providing a safe environment where risk-taking and collaboration are paramount, Ars Nova gives voice to a new generation of artists and audiences, pushing the boundaries of live entertainment by nurturing creative ideas into smart, surprising new work.
ABOUT ARS NOVA’S HOUSE MANAGER
Ars Nova seeks a passionate and hospitality-minded House Manager with live event experience and an active interest in the work and artists that Ars Nova supports. The House Manager is responsible for managing the Front of House team including scheduling, payroll submission, training and performance. The House Manager communicates with stage managers and artists to ensure seamless operations, prepares for and closes out each show, oversees the use of OvationTix ticketing software, oversees bar operations, and provides excellent customer service to all guests as the primary representative of the theater.
The House Manager works as part of a team and reports to the Operations Manager to continually improve the patron experience at Ars Nova with an emphasis on informing guests of Ars Nova’s membership and donation programs in service of Ars Nova’s mission. The House Manager is responsible for managing the majority of Ars Nova’s on-site programming.
ABOUT YOUR PREPARATION, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
The ideal candidate has:
• experience in live event management, preferably in an arts or cultural organization
• a friendly, personable, and professional demeanor
• ability to communicate clearly and calmly in stressful situations
• prior experience in one or more of the following areas of responsibility: sales, customer service, public safety, alarm systems, cash handling, financial reporting, information distribution and/or “key-holder” status
• a strong facility to multi-task in an ever-changing environment with an ability to meet multiple goals on a schedule
• excellent written and oral communication skills (knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and OvationTix a bonus);
• a passion for helping Ars Nova continue to create unique patron experiences
• Fire Guard and CPR certifications are a plus and will be required for employment
• a personality that will thrive in a full speed/all-out/go-big-or-go-home environment; approaching challenges with a can-do attitude.
• Start Date on or about October 13, 2015
• End Date on or about November 8, 2015. This position has the potential for extending beyond the End Date for a long-term period.
• Shifts include evenings and weekend matinees, generally Tuesday-Sunday. Approximately 25-30 hours per week.
• Competitive shift-pay.
• Please e-mail cover letter and resume to Burton Frey, Operations Manager: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
• Ars Nova is an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to the principle of diversity and encourages applications from persons of color and individuals with disabilities.