April 18, 2018
POSITION AVAILABLE AT CRS
Part-Time Receptionist & Associate Program Officer
Founded by Yasuko Kasaki and Christopher Pelham in 2004, CRS (Center for Remembering & Sharing) is the first and only healing and cultural center in Manhattan devoted to promoting the study and practice of A Course in Miracles (ACIM) and A Course of Love (ACOL), and we frequently host Course teachers and renowned lecturers from around the world. Our staff’s mission is to help our community members to experience miracles. For more information, please visit our website at crsny.org.
Job Description: CRS seeks a part-time Receptionist & Associate Program Officer who will be responsible for the front desk duties at CRS several nights a week and occasionally at other times when needed. This position will report to the Front Desk Manager.
Location: New York, NY
- Welcome and direct visitors to the Center with genuine warmth and respect. Answer the phone and email correspondence. Register students and take reservations for counseling sessions and space rentals, in person and by phone. Take payments. Provide orientation to newcomers.
- Maintain the database.
- Clean and maintain the facilities.
- Help create program materials and publications (e.g. newsletters, flyers, and web pages) and assist in the proofreading of documents and web pages.
- Support marketing and public relations functions by contributing copy, photos and video to the web and social media presence.
- Provide occasional support for and documentation of special events such as receptions, concerts, lectures, film screenings, workshops, etc.
- Perform other duties and additional responsibilities as directed.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Proficient oral and written Japanese and English communication skills
- Willingness to occasionally cover other shifts when other staff members are away
A strong candidate will also possess:
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task
- Strong interest in CRS programs (A Course in Miracles, meditation, healing, arts events, etc.)
- Experience with and/or interest in international cultural exchange
- Familiarity with Japan and Japanese language ability
- Proficiency with Mac operating system and software, Adobe software, and WordPress
- Proficiency with social media and taking, editing, and posting photos and videos
Salary and Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Health insurance is not provided at this time.
Job Commencement: May 1, 2018 (or as soon as possible thereafter)
To apply: Please email to email@example.com your resume and one to two paragraphs (in Japanese and also translated by you into English) briefly introducing yourself and describing why you want to work at CRS and how your experience and interests align with the CRS mission.