DEADLINE TO APPLY: Rolling, until Friday, January 13, 2017
The Asian American Arts Alliance is seeking a Development Intern for the Spring 2017 semester. The intern will have the opportunity to develop skills in the areas of organizing special events, fundraising, and arts administration. The intern will support the Alliance's Development Manager in fundraising initiatives such as planning for the annual fundraising gala, grants, donor database, as well as development of the Alliance website and archive.
The position is 10-12 hours per week and will include a $500 stipend for the full term of the internship. School credit is available. The internship will begin late-January and end in May 2017.
Undergraduate and Graduate students in arts administration, archives/library science, or similar fields are especially encouraged to apply.
Learn more about the Asian American Arts Alliance here: www.aaartsalliance.org
- Supporting planning and management of annual fundraiser kick-off party, including outreach, creating digital slideshows, designing print materials, and other event preparation
- Maintaining internal tracking systems, including donor database and files
- Preparing and writing correspondence and coordinating mailings
- Assisting with processing and organizing the Alliance's archive
- Assisting with development of Alliance website
- Supporting grant applications as needed
- Assisting with general administrative tasks and other projects as needed.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects, anticipate, and work efficiently
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint); knowledge of database software and other communications-related programs is helpful (i.e. InDesign, Photoshop, CMS)
- Strong demonstrated interest in the arts, the Asian American community, and/or the goals of the organization preferred
Please send resume and cover letter to Anjali Goyal, Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org