Fuse is seeking a Director of Product & Technology to develop new digital experiences and continue to grow our existing products. This position will oversee product development, lead research for new product, and supervise product maintenance. The candidate must balance business requirements, goals and stakeholder needs against strategy, revenue, operational efficiency. The Director of Product & Technology will collaborate internally with stakeholders across the organization as well with external vendors to ensure deliverables are met. This role will be content driven and customer focused with an expected passion around continuous learning and product improvement.
* Oversee all product development, implementations, executions, infrastructure, and maintenance
* Technology and product strategy expertise across digital platforms including:
* Full stack web applications
* Native mobile applications
* OTT / connected media device platforms
* Analytics implementation & optimization
* Ad tech implementation & optimization
* Security and compliance standards & best practices
* Video encoding, asset workflow, distribution, & playback
* Partner with business managers to translate strategic objectives into product roadmaps
* Drive product development efforts forward by liaising with designers, editorial and content management stakeholder and technical development group
* Create user stories, technical requirement documents and schedules to maintain efficient development cycles
* Work with all product, research and project management tools
* Recommend and scope all current and future tools & 3rd party vendors for all platforms
* Troubleshoot any technical issues on all platforms with knowledge of code development, platform infrastructure and user experience
* 5+ years or Product Management or equivalent experience with successful history of delivering customer-oriented solutions in a fast-paced environment.
* A computer science, math or engineering undergraduate degree or equivalent is strongly preferred
* Experience in broadcast media or content related media desired
* Strong proficiency in basics of software development and architecture
* Experience understanding ever-changing digital best practices, industry trends, design and user experience
* Strong qualitative and analytical skills. Must have the experience using A/B testing, platform & research metrics to build consensus on new product or generate KPI and ROI builds
* Superior communication skills along with the ability to present complex concepts in a clear, concise manner to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Ability to quickly adapt to changes in the industry, development processes and business priorities
* Outstanding project management skills and strong attention to detail
Fuse Media is an independently owned multiplatform media company reflecting the wide-ranging tastes and attitudes of the fast-growing, Latino and multicultural 18-34 audience. The company’s media brands include the Fuse and FM linear and video-on-demand (VOD) channels; Fuse.TV online and mobile websites; the Fuse TV mobile and over-the-top (OTT) apps; a podcast network; several branded social media channels; and live events. Fuse network is currently available in approximately 70 million households and FM reaches over 43 million households.
Please submit an online application via our careers page, here.