Will You Donate Artwork for Hurricane Relief?
The Hilton Garden Inn will be holding a Staten Island Hurricane Relief Benefit Dinner in Nicotra's Ballroom on Wednesday, Nov. 28 at 7:30PM. All proceeds will go to the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation, which has already been doing so much to help those Staten Islanders impacted by the Hurricane.
As part of the effort, Alice Diamond and Richard Nicotra thought that a silent art auction offering work of local artists would be a wonderful effort. They reached out to COAHSI to see if we could find artists interested in participating. And that is where you come in!
We hope you will be interested in giving an artwork for this cause, and if you are, here are the guidelines:
1) Please send Melanie an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, letting her know that you are participating, and the title, date, and value of your artwork.
2) Please make sure artwork is valued around $100 to $300.
3) The works will be sold by silent auction and we will have a starting bid on each work, that is 20% of the price that it is valued to encourage bidding. If you would like the starting bid to be aother amount, please let us know.
4) Please have works ready to hang or present on a pedestal. Works do not have to be expensively framed, but they do need to be ready-to-hang.
5) Works need to be delivered to the COAHSI offices anytime before Tuesday, November 27. Normal office hours are Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. The offices are closed on Veterans Day, and the Thursday and Friday of Thanksgiving. If you need to arrange a drop-off time outside of normal office hours, please contact Melanie.
6) For whatever reason, sometimes artworks do not get sold at silent auction. If the work is not sold, it will be returned to the artist.
1100 South Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10314
Wednesday November 28, 2012; 7:30pm
Buffet dinner, wine, beer - $100 per person
bring clothing, shoes, coats, & non-perishable donations
100% of the proceeds go to The Steven Siller Foundation
for distribution to Staten Island families in need.
All food, beverages, event space and services donated by The Nicotra Group.