Planning and Development
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world’s leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center campus. LCPA presents over 350 performances annually throughout our different performance series including American Songbook, Great Performers, Live from Lincoln Center, Mostly Mozart Festival, Midsummer Night Swing, Lincoln Center Out of Doors and White Light Festival. In addition, LCPA supports an array of programs for Lincoln Center Education including its community and family programming.
The Planning and Development team works to galvanize financial support for Lincoln Center’s programming and initiatives, garnering contributions from generous individuals, foundations, corporations and government entities in order to support Lincoln Center’s mission.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Fundraising and Special Events in the Planning and Development Department, the Assistant, Special Events and Fundraising provides administrative support to the Senior Director as well as all areas of special events.
• Support the Senior Director with scheduling and preparation of meetings.
• Assist with advance preparation and on-site coordination of Planning & Development events, including approximately 60 events annually and 8 fundraising benefits/galas, often working in conjunction with other Special Events team members and staff across other departments.
• Provide database support, managing data input and running event reports, guest lists, etc.
• Provide assistance with invitation and fundraising mailings and follow-up phone calls.
• Assist with preparation of vendor contracts, purchase orders, and check requests.
• Assist teammates with fundraising initiatives.
• Update and maintain special event binders.
• Provide administrative support, including monitoring team email and addressing general inquiries, maintaining department files and records, answering phones, etc.
• Other responsibilities to support the Special Events team or the overarching Planning and Development team as needed.
• 1-3 years of events experience, preferably in fundraising, development or other applicable areas.
• Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint; database experience is essential. Pledgemaker preferred but not required.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with strong prioritization instincts.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
• Must be able to multi-task and juggle many projects simultaneously and work effectively under pressure.
• Must exhibit excellent flexibility and work well in a collaborative and team environment.
• Strong results orientation and proven history of taking initiative.
• Must exhibit excellent judgment and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to work evening events approximately 50 times per year, plus weekends when needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements and outlining your interest in Lincoln Center) to the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Please list: Assistant, Special Events and Fundraising in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. LCPA is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.