Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world’s leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center campus. LCPA presents over 350 performances annually throughout our different performance series including American Songbook, Great Performers, Live from Lincoln Center, Lincoln Center Festival, Mostly Mozart Festival, Midsummer Night Swing, Lincoln Center Out of Doors and White Light Festival.
In addition, LCPA supports an array of programs for Lincoln Center Education including its community and family programming. Further, LCPA supports initiatives related to events at the David Rubenstein Atrium, LC Kids, as well as numerous key institutional initiatives and projects.
The Chief Communications Officer oversees our Public Relations, Social, Video, and Content functions. The Assistant to the Chief Communications Officer will provide administrative support to the Chief Communications Officer. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, highly organized, and collegial. Excellent organizational, follow-up and follow-through skills are critical to this position.
• Provide strong, right-hand administrative assistance to the Chief Communications Officer with discretion and sensitivity.
• Implement well-organized workflow systems within the department to ensure efficiency and good communication, ultimately enhancing productivity.
• Answer phones, take detailed messages, coordinate conference calls, schedule meetings and assist with detailed calendar maintenance.
• Provide assistance with communications including social media analytics, press list management, and content scheduling.
• Provide support during events; assist with press conferences.
• Review all vendor invoices and processing for payment.
• Track budget and prepare monthly departmental accruals.
• Assist with writing communications materials including social media, press releases, media alerts, and advisories, and participate in brainstorming sessions during departmental meetings.
• Maintain all departmental files and records.
• Interact and collaborate with other departments at Lincoln Center.
• Communicate and interact with the media, press and the public.
• Caption photos in media room on website and fulfill requests for photos.
• Maintain video library.
• Coordinate video photography shoots on campus.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 2 – 3 years of administrative experience in a fast-paced environment.
• Prior experience in public relations, media and/or arts administration a plus.
• Interest in the performing arts highly preferred.
• Excellent administrative skills and computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Photoshop.
• Must have the ability to exercise supreme discretion and tact at all times.
• Must exhibit excellent judgment and flexibility.
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills are key.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and establish priorities.
• Must be extremely organized, detail-oriented and able to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Solid experience in utilizing social media as an outreach tool.
• Experience with social media and reporting.
• Must be a team player.
• Excellent proofreading and editing skills.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements and outlining your interest in Lincoln Center) to the email@example.com inbox. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Please list: Assistant to the Chief Communications Officer in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. LCPA is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.