Asian Arts Initiative (www.asianartsinitiative.org) is a multi-disciplinary community-based arts center offering performances, exhibitions, and workshops for artists, youth, and adults of all racial backgrounds who need a space to develop their cultural “voice.” Asian Arts Initiative was founded in 1993 and is entering a new phase of growth, with the acquisition of our building and the vision to develop it as a multi-tenant facility to be shared with fellow artists and peer organization.
The Development Director is a senior-level staff member who participates in setting strategic direction and priorities for the organization. S/he is responsible for ensuring fiscal soundness and alignment of resources with program priorities. Over the next few years, in addition to maintaining a strong base of grant support, the Development Director will have a particular focus on expanding individual giving and cultivating major gifts as part of a capital campaign.
Job responsibilities include the following:
- Strategize and guide all aspects of organizational resource development, including individual and institutional solicitations and events, to achieve annual goals, totaling approximately $1 million in FY12.
- Ensure that annual fundraising goals and strategies are developed and approved; solicit information and buy-in from Board and staff; monitor progress toward goals.
- Ensure that program staff are informed of and engaged in development process as it relates to program planning and goal setting. Solicit appropriate feedback from staff and Executive Director as necessary.
- Ensure that proposals and reports are written, reviewed, and submitted in a timely manner.
- Oversee annual fundraising banquet and silent auction and other special events.
- Manage and continue developing annual campaign.
- Cultivate relationships with existing and prospective donors, including meeting with potential major donors.
- Manage capital campaign.
- Support development of Board-level fundraising committee(s).
- Work with contracted marketing firm to create and implement marketing plan and communication strategies.
- Oversee the development of organizational marketing materials such as the website, newsletter, and e-news in coordination with staff and marketing consultant.
- Oversee the development of PR materials including the season calendar/s and event postcards or press releases in coordination with staff and marketing consultant.
- At least three years of experience in Resource Development for a non-profit organization.
- Experience working in a small organizational context.
- Knowledge of the community arts sector preferred.
- Applicant must demonstrate a commitment to advancing the voice of Asian Americans in Philadelphia, as well as share a strong belief in the arts as a method of community building and community change.
- Proven project management experience – the ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and tasks, with an excellent attention to detail.
- Personal flexibility and the ability to work with diverse personalities and evolving organizational needs.
- An extraordinary ability to work as a team member and to facilitate group process and positive group dynamics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Facility with computer systems and software.
Position open until filled. Please visit http://www.asianartsinitiative.org/involved/jobs.php
to check status of the position and for instructions on how to apply.
Email cover letter explaining your interest and relevant experience; salary requirements; resume; and 3 work-related references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Development Director Position” on subject line of email. The Asian Arts Initiative is an equal opportunity employer. Asian Americans and other people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.