No Longer Empty (NLE) presents site- and community-responsive exhibitions and public programs to activate empty spaces located in distinctly urban settings throughout New York’s five boroughs. NLE champions the power of art to unlock creative potential, make visible local histories and cultivate imaginative responses to the aspirations and priorities of local communities within a rapidly changing metropolis. NLE strives to build a staff and board that reflects the cultural diversity of New York, as well as the constituencies and neighborhoods serve by the organization.
NLE seeks a Communications & Development Coordinator to serve as a member of the core team at NLE. This position plays a critical role in NLE’s plan to implement inventive marketing strategies and partnerships, diversify income streams, and continue to raise the profile of the organization and its programs. Reports to and works closely with the Executive Director.
- Demonstrated passion for contemporary art in a range of forms and media
- B.A. in Art History, Arts Administration or related field
- 3 years professional experience working in the arts, preferably in development, arts administration, digital marketing/communications or special events
- Professional demeanor, strong work ethic and interpersonal skills, including ability to work with diplomacy and tact
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and sincere interest in connecting with different types of people and cultivating diverse perspectives
- Robust computer skills and the ability to learn new programs and platforms quickly. (Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, Adobe Creative Suite, Salesforce, online newsletter formatting, web content management systems, social media, etc.)
- Knowledge of fundraising techniques including, but not limited to, proposal writing, public relations, donor relations and stewardship, prospect research
- Graphic design skills
- Database management experience
- Copy editing and/or professional writing experience a plus
- Detail-oriented and organized with ability to work as a team member and/or work independently and take initiative as appropriate
- Ability to think clearly and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to team-based processes in order to work toward a shared set of goals
- Availability to work evenings and weekends during high production phases
This is a full-time position with benefits. Salary commensurate with experience.
Send resume and cover letter explaining your interest in this position to:email@example.com, please include “Communications & Development Coordinator” in the subject line. No calls or faxes. Applications accepted until position is filled. NLE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.