Executive Assistant, Office of the Chief Strategy and External Relations Officer
Strategy and External Relations
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world’s leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center campus.
The Chief Strategy and External Relations Officer works closely with the President, the Board of Trustees, and senior staff. This will include, but is not limited to leading the capital campaign, direct strategic planning, and various other outward-facing functions such as marketing, communications, digital branding, international outreach, and government relations.
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc. is looking for a high-energy, multi-tasking individual to assist the Chief Strategy and External Relations Officer. This Executive Assistant position demands exceptional time and organizational management in order to maximize the day-to-day productivity of the Chief Strategy and External Relations Officer. Doing so, you will get a bird’s-eye view of how we run the world’s leading performing arts center. Ideal candidates will recognize themselves in the question below.
• Are you confident and engaging when interacting with senior business leaders?
• Are you adept at calendar management?
• Can you juggle several urgent projects at once while fielding endless interruptions?
• Can you think on your feet and problem-solve at a moment’s notice?
• Can you stay 10 steps ahead of your boss?
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Serving as the first line of communication for internal and external requests for the Chief Strategy and External Relations Officer and supporting him in communicating his directions and decisions to several reporting departments, including the David Geffen Hall Capital Campaign, Strategy, Marketing, Digital, Government Relations, and Lincoln Center International.
• Providing white glove service for high level donors and friends of Lincoln Center.
• Anticipating and facilitating the needs of the Chief Strategy and External Relations Officer through comprehensive administrative support, including: phone coverage; proper handling of emails, correspondence and files; taking detailed notes; preparing agendas and meeting materials; processing invoices and expenses; expediting travel details and external business events, etc.
• Maintaining the Chief Strategy and External Relations Officer’s calendar through meticulous scheduling of requested appointments: prioritizing activities that will support his goals; coordinating and confirming all aspects of internal and external meetings, including meeting space and technical specifications as necessary.
• Implementing well-organized workflow systems within the department to ensure efficiency and good communication, ultimately enhancing productivity.
• Aligning with the Chief Strategy and External Relations Officer in employing “big picture” thinking of organizational goals and projects, while also keeping track of associated details.
• Preserving and continuing good working relationships with all Lincoln Center staff, especially the President’s and Chair’s offices, as well as other external contacts; serving as a representative of the Chief Strategy and External Relations Officer’s office.
• Safeguarding confidential information and materials.
• 2 to 5 years of administrative experience in a high functioning office required. Fundraising or development experience preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills; strong emotional intelligence and ability to leverage relationship building abilities in order to further organizational goals.
• Strong customer service skills; a ‘no task too big or too small’ attitude. Must be extremely organized, detail-oriented and able to work effectively under pressure while juggling multiple tasks.
• Comfortable with a fast-paced executive atmosphere and able to seamlessly change course when necessary.
• Must be able to work effectively within a team environment and handle various personality types and working styles.
• Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet research.
• Interest in performing arts or arts administration preferred; specific interest in marketing, communications, fundraising, etc. a plus.
• Must be available to work extended hours, including some evenings, as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements and outlining your interest in Lincoln Center) to the email@example.com inbox. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Please list: Executive Assistant, Office of the Chief Strategy and External Relations Officer in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. LCPA is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.