Program Associate, Community Engagement (Family-Linc)
Lincoln Center Education
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world’s leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center campus.
Lincoln Center Education enriches the lives of students, educators and lifelong learners by providing opportunities for engagement with the arts on the stage, in the classroom, digitally and in the community. The Program Associate, Community Engagement will report to the Community Engagement Manager, support the growth and evolving philosophy of the Community Engagement department, and manage Family-Linc. The Community Engagement Programs department provides programming for youth, families, and communities with limited access to our campus and to the arts in general in settings across the five boroughs and beyond, including libraries, transitional housing, organizations for court-involved youth, community centers, and more.
• Coordinate the day-to-day operations of Lincoln Center’s Family-Linc program including:
- Program scheduling
- Ticket distribution & payment
- Expense tracking
- Collaborating with marketing department on collateral materials
- Participating in research and evaluation to track outputs, gather feedback and improve program design strategy
- Ongoing communication with parents and community partners
- Onsite quality control (box office, wrap around programming etc.)
- Establishing strong working relationships with borough and LC constituent organizations
• Coordinate LCE Teaching Artists working in Family-Linc to meet high standards of practice that are culturally responsive, engaging, and relevant;
• Provide general support for all Community Engagement Programs, such as attending events, making curtain speeches, etc., as needed;
• Support daily operations of the Community Engagement Programs department, as needed.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• 2-3 years of project management and artist development experience;
• Strong organizational skills with strong detail orientation and the ability to multi-task;
• Excellent written communication skills;
• A passion for arts access and social justice principles;
• Strong interpersonal skills in email correspondence, phone communication and in-person situations, with colleagues and external partners;
• Ability to build relationships across lines of difference and with diverse stakeholders;
• Excellent customer/client services orientation
• A good sense of humor;
• Bi-lingual (English and Spanish/Mandarin) preferred but not required;
• Experience navigating arts access in NYC a plus;
• Ability to work weekends and evenings;
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (arts and/or education) preferred or equivalent of education and experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements and outlining your interest in Lincoln Center) to the email@example.com inbox. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Please list: Program Associate, Community Engagement (Family-Linc) in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. LCPA is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.