Temporary Assistant Manager, Accessibility and Guest Services
Guest Services/Concert Halls and Operations
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world’s leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center campus. LCPA presents over 350 performances annually throughout our different performance series including American Songbook, Great Performers, Live from Lincoln Center, Lincoln Center Festival, Mostly Mozart Festival, Midsummer Night Swing, Lincoln Center Out of Doors and White Light Festival.
In addition, LCPA supports an array of programs for Lincoln Center Education including its community and family programming. Further, LCPA supports initiatives related to events at the David Rubenstein Atrium, LC Kids, as well as numerous key institutional initiatives and projects.
The Accessibility team at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts aims to provide access to the greatest achievements in the performing arts for all visitors through exceptional guest care, and physical and programmatic accommodations.
Reporting to the Manager, Accessibility, this position is responsible for advancing accessibility initiatives across departments and projects. As part of the Operations and Concert Halls staff, this position will support ensuring that all guests, to Lincoln Center, in person and online, receive excellent guest care.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Support the Manager, Accessibility in managing accessibility at large-scale public performances, including facilitating the accessible entrance, conducting accessibility audits, supporting staff training and managing accommodations.
• Coordinate accommodations for performances.
• Provide administrative support, including inquiries online and on the phone, program registration and meetings
• Contribute to planning and executing access programs, including:
- Passport to the Arts, a ticket distribution and workshop program, serving up to 500 families with children, teens or adults with disabilities per year
- Lincoln Center Moments, a performance-based program for individuals with dementia and their caregivers
- Access Ambassadors, a semester-based job training program for high school students with disabilities
• 2-3 years of experience supporting access/accessibility programs
• Availability to regularly work evenings and weekends mid-June through mid-August to support the LCPA summer performance schedule; ability to work a flexible schedule, including frequent evenings and weekends
• Working knowledge of ADA compliance required, with experience in a cultural organization a plus.
• Proven record of experience with programs and services for people with disabilities; experience in a cultural organization is a plus.
• Guest Services/Front of House experience required; performing arts experience is a plus.
• Comfort communicating with diverse audiences and stakeholders; excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Passion for inclusion and advocacy in the arts
ANTICIPATED DURATION: Monday, June 4th-Friday, August 31, 2018; Approx. 35-40 hours/week
Please submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements and outlining your interest in Lincoln Center) to the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Please list: Temporary Assistant Manager, Accessibility and Guest Services in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. LCPA is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.