Manhattan Theatre Club (MTC), a Tony Award-winning nonprofit theatre dedicated to the production of contemporary plays and musicals, seeks a full time Senior Digital Marketing Manager. Founded in 1970, MTC has been the creative and artistic home for America’s most gifted theatrical artists, producing works of the highest quality by contemporary American and international playwrights. MTC produces eight plays annually in Broadway's Samuel J. Friedman Theatre on West 47th Street and off-Broadway at the historic NY City Center complex on West 55th Street.
The best candidate is highly skilled in digital marketing strategy, graphic design; website management; and web analytics. The Senior Digital marketing Manager will help lead MTC’s digital strategy, including a major website redesign project, all organic social media, and email blast design. They will also work closely with the Director of Marketing and MTC’s advertising agencies in the production of non-digital materials including print, video, and occasional events materials and with the press office on Playbill and press releases. There will be additional day-to-day activities within the department including management of MTC’s 30 under 35 program and other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Marketing. This position interacts with many departments including General Management, Artistic, and Executive Producer so good communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
* Minimum 4 years of marketing experience required.
* Strong understanding of digital marketing best practice, including website and email design, and social media management.
* Project management experience; maintaining many projects simultaneously; and co-ordinating between multiple external agencies and vendors.
* Graphic design skills, particularly Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
* Experience in website administration (major redesign a plus), including an understanding of web analytics and site design strategy. Experience working in WordPress a plus.
* Experience planning, creating and sending email blasts (Wordfly a plus).
* Experience in social media management.
* Experience in brand guardianship, including visual consistency and tone of voice.
* Excellent proofreading skills, and attention to detail.
* Experience coordinating photo/video shoots and basic events.
* Love for New York Theatre, and general knowledge of the industry and current events.
This is a full time, exempt salaried position with full benefits package including: group health insurance with options for spousal, family and/or domestic partner coverage, voluntary dental coverage, basic life and long term disability insurance, employer-funded pension, paid time off and optional 401(K), complimentary tickets to MTC productions, and flex savings plans for healthcare, dependent care and commuting expenses.
To Apply: Forward resume and cover letter to HR Director, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Digital Marketing” (MS Word, Adobe PDF or plain-text format only).
MTC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, ability and perspectives are encouraged to apply.