Preliminary Application Due March 6
Final Application Due June 19
Creation & Touring Grants provide funds for creation and U.S. touring of artist-led, ensemble, devised projects. These grants are highly competitive and are awarded to approximately six projects annually.
- The National Theater Project will consider projects submitted by U.S.-based theater ensembles and individual theater artists with identified collaborators. Only one application per ensemble or artist will be accepted per year.
- Organizations must be able to prove nonprofit status; for individual artists, an organizational partner may serve as the fiscal agent.
- All projects must have one committed development partner relationship.*
- Projects which are awarded touring support must allocate the funds among tour sites within 2 years of receiving the grant.
- Preference is given to those projects which are within 18 months of being ready to tour from the NTP award date.
- Preference is given to those projects with at least one interested presenting partner.**
- Artists receiving an NTP grant in any given round are not eligible to apply for another NTP grant until the original project has completed its NTP-supported tour.
Learn more and Apply here.