ORGANIZATION: New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA): www.nyfa.org
LOCATION: Brooklyn, NY
TITLE: Program Associate, NYFA Source
DEPARTMENT: Information & Services
REPORTS TO: Program Officer, Artist Resources
STATUS: Full-time permanent
SALARY: Low 30’s
START DATE: ASAP
The Program Associate, NYFA Source administers all aspects of NYFA Source, the nation’s most comprehensive online database of programs for artists working in all disciplines. NYFA Source also provides live assistance to artists via email and phone.
- Perform ongoing, in-depth research on all programs and publications available nationwide and internationally for artists working in all disciplines. Add relevant new programs to database on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborate with other departments to provide resources for artist workshops.
Email, Phone and In-Person Assistance
- Provide live assistance to artists nationwide and internationally via email and telephone. Inquiries will include artists’ business and technical questions, questions about NYFA’s programs, as well as referrals to appropriate organizations and resources.
- Provide assistance to organizations listed in NYFA Source in updating their information profiles and assist artists with registration questions or problems logging into their Source portfolio.
- Organize NYFA Source training workshops for artists in collaboration with other organizations (some travel, evenings, and weekends may be required).
- Develop and lead artist workshops on related professional development topics.
- Maintain and update information on the NYFA Source database.
- Regularly test NYFA Source’s functionality; identify and report errors to technology consultants, and follow-up as needed.
- Assess opportunities in database in terms of geography and artistic discipline; develop and implement plans to address missing gaps in these areas as necessary.
- Monitor programmatic usage through website (Google Analytics), phone, and email, and implement strategies to increase user engagement.
- Reporting: Track ongoing NYFA Source user information; Evaluate and analyze data, including but not limited to, discipline and geographic location; Compile program’s Annual Report; Provide information to Development Department for funding purposes and reports.
- Work with Program Associate, Digital Advertising and Program Officer, Artist Resources to identify possible advertisers, and resources for NYFA’s social media networks.
- Resource Library: Maintain internal resource library, including publications and subscriptions.
-Bachelor’s degree and at least three years experience in the arts.
-Thorough knowledge of the arts and professional development; experience in database management a plus.
-Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and execute tasks independently
-Detail-oriented, strong writing and public speaking skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, and Access required; some HTML and Photoshop skills preferred).
- Ability to prioritize tasks, and work well collaboratively and independently.
Please email cover letter and resume to Maria Villafranca at email@example.com with “Program Associate, NYFA Source” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Only applicants invited to interview will be contacted.
The New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women, people of color, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. NYFA's offices are accessible.
For additional information, please visit: http://www.nyfa.org/opp_detail.asp?type=Job&id=94&fid=1&...