Public Programs and Communications Intern - Fall Semester 2017
The Asian American Arts Alliance is seeking a Public Programs and Communications Intern for Fall 2017. The intern will work closely with the Manager of Public Programs in the planning and execution of the Alliance’s public programs, and will work closely with the Manager of Communications & Community Engagement with social media and outreach. The intern will also support the Development Manager in the planning for the Alliance’s October fundraiser benefit.
The intern will have the opportunity to develop skills in the areas of marketing and communications in the arts, event preparation, and arts administration.
The position is 2 days per week and will begin early-October and end mid-December 2017 (exact dates and schedule will be determined based on the individual's schedule). The internship will include a stipend, and school credit is available.
The internship is open to currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent graduates.
- Supporting Town Hall, a bi-monthly event for emerging artists, including planning and implementing logistics, designing marketing materials, reporting on participant data, and contributing ideas for engaging constituents and outreach strategy
- Maintaining the Alliance’s Web site, E-newsletter, and social media, including drafting posts and keeping information current
- Supporting planning of the annual fundraiser benefit, including creating digital slideshows, designing print materials, and other event preparation
- Supporting administration of the fellowships and awards program
- Assisting with other programs, projects, and fundraising initiatives as needed
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects, anticipate, and work efficiently
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint); knowledge of database software and other communications-related programs is helpful (i.e. InDesign, Photoshop, CMS)
- Strong demonstrated interest in the arts, the Asian American community, and/or the goals of the organization preferred