Lincoln Center Education
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world’s leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center campus.
Lincoln Center Education (LCE) enriches the lives of students, educators and lifelong learners by providing opportunities for engagement with the arts on the stage, in the classroom, digitally and in the community.
The Temporary Part-Time Programming Assistant will be a part of the Programming department of Lincoln Center Education and will report to the Assistant Director of Programming. The Temporary Part-Time Programming Assistant will primarily provide administrative support for the department at large as well as for the Artists at the Atrium and Storytime at the Atrium program series.
Programming Department Support
• Provide general administrative support including but not limited to:
- Scheduling and preparing for team meetings
- Coordinating and assisting with local show scouting
- Organizing and maintaining team documentation, files, and resources
- Arranging travel itineraries
- Drafting programs for LC Kids performances
• Assist with preparation for The Big Umbrella Festival
Programmatic Support for Atrium Events
• Create run-of-show documents for events and coordinate event logistics
• Review logistics with authors, artists, and/or their representatives and liaise with LCE production regarding technical and backline needs
• Partner with Guest Services regarding volunteer staffing needs and manage volunteers during events
• Assist with event set-up, including preparing for book signings or other supplemental activities, and act as a host for performances
• Coordinate artist/author hospitality
• Collect and input audience attendance information into database
• Create social stories for all LCE season programming
• Other duties as assigned
• 1-3 years of production or programmatic experience preferred
• Passion for children’s programming, arts education, and/or working with children with special needs is essential
• Weekend availability required; Atrium events are primarily on Saturdays
• Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point required; experience working in databases, like ArtsVision or Tessitura preferred
• Prior experience managing social media for a group or organization a plus
Please submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements and outlining your interest in Lincoln Center) to the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Please list: Temporary Part-Time Programming Assistant in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. LCPA is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.