The Asia Society, a dynamic organization, seeks a qualified candidate for their NYC Headquarters. Will ensure that all visitors to Asia Society’s New York headquarters building are welcomed warmly, professionally treated and made aware of all the benefits of engagement with Asia Society. This is a player-coach supervisory position where the incumbent will lead by example as well as manage and train a team of part-time and volunteer staff who interface with visitors and support the objectives of the department, as listed in the responsibilities below.
- Creates a highly positive experience for museum and institution guests that encourages repeat visitation, membership conversion and positive word of mouth for the Society
- Proactively and warmly welcomes guests, members and groups in a cheerful, receptive manner at all times.
- Leads training, scheduling and assigning work to visitor service staff and volunteers
- Oversees opening and closing of the facility
- Tracks and monitors attendance and visitation
- Oversees coat check staffing and management
- Coordinates with programmers for lobby registration of events
- Proactively markets Asia Society opportunities to visitors, selling museum admission, program tickets, memberships and institutional services.
- Works closely with Box Office Senior Coordinator in ticket processing and distribution.
- Processes credit cards and cash transactions.
- Answers phone calls in a friendly manner, providing requested information about museum, programs and services
- Ensures smooth flow of visitors by helping to guide visitors to various locations.
- Resolves complaints from guests and members on site or escalates to management as needed.
- Stays abreast of current and upcoming exhibitions, programs, special events, services and marketing campaigns.
- Helps maintain inventory of printed information and marketing materials and ensures signage is properly placed.
- Working with security to ensure VS staff is trained in active shooter training, fire, emergencies, first aid and CPR
- Perform all other duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 2-3 years related work experience.
- Proficiency with computers/Microsoft Office Suite.
- Salesforce experience and ACME box office software knowledge a plus.
- Exceptional customer service skills public relations techniques, including phone etiquette
- Previous museum experience and foreign language skills preferred.
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings and holiday periods.
Generous benefits. Email resume to:
Please indicate Job Code AAA-1916 in the subject line of your email.
Asia Society is an equal opportunity employer.