Time: January 8, 2018 at 7:30pm to July 29, 2018 at 7:30pm
Location: The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, Peter B. Lewis Theater
Street: 1071 5th Ave, New York, NY 10128
City/Town: New York
Website or Map: https://www.guggenheim.org/ev…
Event Discipline: theatre, dance, music, museums
Organized By: Michelle Tabnick PR
Latest Activity: Dec 15, 2017
Works & Process, the Performing-Arts Series at the
Guggenheim, Announces Spring 2018 Season
- Commissions by Ryan McNamara, Jodi Melnick, and Reid Bartelme and Harriet Jung
- Music of Golden Globe Award-winning series Mozart in the Jungle
- Behind the scenes access to Carousel, Jerry Springer-The Opera,and Reasons to Be Pretty Happy
- American Ballet Theatre, Jacob's Pillow, Nederlands Dans Theater, and Washington Ballet previews
- Breaking Bread with Balanchine on Russian Easter with Meryl Rosofsky and New York City Ballet dancers
"An exceptional opportunity to understand something of the creative process"
-The New York Times
(NEW YORK, NY - December 4, 2017) -Works & Process at the Guggenheim is pleased to announce its Spring 2018 Season. Since 1984 the performing-arts series has championed new works and offered audiences unprecedented access to leading creators and performers. Programs explore the creative process through stimulating artist discussions and riveting performance highlights. Each 70-minute program takes place in the Frank Lloyd Wright-designed Peter B. Lewis Theater. Additional information is available at worksandprocess.org.
Lead funding for Works & Process is provided by The Florence Gould Foundation, The Christian Humann Foundation, Mertz-Gilmore Foundation, Stavros Niarchos Foundation, Rockefeller Brothers Fund, and Evelyn Sharp Foundation, with public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.
Works & Process, the Performing-Arts Series at the Guggenheim, Announces Spring 2018 Season